Zucchini, Sausage, and Goat Cheese Pasta Bake
- 2½ cups ziti, uncooked
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 5 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 2 cups sliced onion (about 1)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. flour
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. of 87 Chevre goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Cook sausage until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from pan.
- Heat oil and add zucchini, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook 10 minutes or until veggies are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Whisk together the broth and flour in a small bowl. Add to pan and cook for one minute.
- In a large bowl, combine veggies, pasta, sausage and 87 Chevre goat cheese. Toss well. Pour into a greased 11x7 baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Take it out and let cool. Dive in with your silverware of choice and enjoy!
Goat Cheese and Spinach Lasagna
- 12 regular lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- 3 (14 oz.) cans of diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups of frozen chopped spinach
- 6 oz. of 87 Chevre goat cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to directions on package.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to pan. Bring sauce to a boil, then decrease heat. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Grease a large 9x13 glass casserole dish. Spoon about ½ cup tomato sauce evenly over the bottom.
- Lay out enough noodles to cover the bottom of the pan, then add about ¼ cup of sauce (enough to cover noodles), and a third of the spinach. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella over this layer.
- For the next layer, add more noodles, ¼ cup of sauce, and dollops of 87 Chevre goat cheese. Sprinkle some parmesan over this layer.
- Continue alternating the layers, as in Steps 5 and 6.
- Spoon the rest of the sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Top with dollops of 87 Chevre goat cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes until bubbling and lightly browned.
- Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.